One of the objectives of the Investor Forum is to “facilitate dialogue”.
We do this through:
- Hosting events, such as our Four O’clock Forum series; and
- Convening company meetings.
Four O’clock Forum
In April 2020, the Investor Forum launched a series of virtual events for Members to provide opportunities to share insights, discuss topical issues and hear from experts. Following positive feedback these events have continued throughout 2021, with topics that include Climate change, Diversity, Audit Reform and Cyber Risks.
Members can find recordings and notes of past events, and the schedule of forthcoming events, on the Members section.
In addition to collective engagements, the Forum also facilitates meetings with companies to address issues of specific concern to Members.
Member meetings with Non-Executives can be valuable for investors and efficient for companies. These meetings can help investors to gain clarity and increase confidence that the Board is fully aware of the focus of investors and the nature of concerns. A structured agenda, and a discussion focused on the questions that are top of mind for investors generates a positive discussion that is time and resource efficient.
These meetings can be:
- Engagement-Specific – Active escalation to address engagement objectives
- Vote-Specific – Informing decisions and holding to account
- Ad-hoc convening – Addressing company-specific issues or broader concerns
- Thematic – Educational in focus, to inform Members of best practice or to consider market-wide issues
Companies who would like the Investor Forum’s assistance in facilitating a shareholder meeting should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org